In general, the center-rear seating position is considered the best location, as it offers the most protection in a side-impact collision. However, ALL the following conditions must be met:
- LATCH/UAS system or vehicle seat belt provides a snug installation and remains tightly adjusted around the car seat base.
- The vehicle seat contour allows the car seat base to be properly leveled once installed.
- If the vehicle seat back is adjustable, the vehicle seat back is locked into the upright position.
If all of these conditions are not met, install the car seat in a different seating position. Typically, most vehicle manufacturers will allow installation in the center-rear seating position but not with the use of the LATCH/UAS belt. Always check your vehicle owner’s manual before choosing a seating position for your car seat.
Factors that can affect seating position choice:
- Vehicle seat contour
- Other passengers in the vehicle
- Seat belt or LATCH/UAS availability
- Vehicle front seat
After you have chosen a seating position, follow the car seat installation information in your vehicle owner’s manual, and the instructions in the Orbit Baby Infant Car Seat manual for installation using LATCH/UAS or a vehicle seat belt.